Assistant Unit Director & Counsel – TitlePLUS and Real Estate Claims
Reports to Unit Director & Counsel
LAWPRO is recruiting for an Assistant Unit Director & Counsel – TitlePLUS and Real Estate Claim’s position . This position will manage professionally and administratively a group of Claims Counsel and Claims Specialists in regards to TitlePLUS and real estate claims within the Specialty Claims Department. The function of the role is to ensure that high quality claims service is provided by the unit to LAWPRO’s clients.
The Assistant Unit Director will provide advisory support to the Unit Director & Counsel, Specialty Claims in formulating a uniform claims-handling philosophy, annual goals setting and strategic planning, as appropriate and directed by the Vice President, Specialty Claims Department. In addition, the Assistant Unit Director may be seconded to carry out long-term projects involving not only the Specialty Claims Department, but other departments, preferred counsel and insured lawyers.
- Be a member in good standing with the bar in Ontario or elsewhere in Canada;
- Have relevant practice experience and excellent legal knowledge;
- Knowledge in areas or real estate and title insurance;
- Have a minimum ten years’ experience with insurance related claims (or a combination of insurance related work and litigation experience), including claims/files involving large dollar amounts, significant complexity and the work of senior external counsel
- Have a positive customer service attitude and demonstrated ability to work well with other internal and external stakeholders;
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build a positive team environment;
- Have strong organization and prioritization skills as well as a demonstrated ability to creatively resolve issues;
- Have a good working knowledge of a wide variety of technology tools as well as the capacity to quickly adopt new technology tools.
Reply in confidence to: [email protected]
Deadline for applications is January 18, 2019