Assistant Unit Director & Counsel
(Two positions) Reports to Unit Director & Counsel
LAWPRO is recruiting for two Assistant Unit Director & Counsel positions . This position is to mentor and manage a sub-group of Claims Counsel and/or specialized practice areas within the Unit as well as assist in the mentoring and management of the other Claims Counsel within the Unit.
In addition, the Assistant Unit Director & Counsel will advise, manage and provide administrative support to the Unit Director and Counsel. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing the conduct of complex/large dollar value claims, including investigating, evaluating, negotiating and resolving claims in a cost-effective manner.
- Be a member in good standing with the bar in Ontario or elsewhere in Canada;
- Have relevant practice experience and excellent legal knowledge;
- Have a minimum ten years’ experience with insurance related claims (or a combination of insurance related work and litigation experience), including claims/files involving large dollar amounts, significant complexity and the work of senior external counsel
- Have a positive customer service attitude and demonstrated ability to work well with other internal and external stakeholders;
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build a positive team environment;
- Have strong organization and prioritization skills as well as a demonstrated ability to creatively resolve issues;
- Have a good working knowledge of a wide variety of technology tools as well as the capacity to quickly adopt new technology tools.
Reply in confidence to: [email protected]
Deadline for applications is January 18, 2019
LAWPRO is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. 2005. Please be advised that accommodation is available in our recruitment processes to all applicants with disabilities, upon request.