Job Title: Claims Administrator: Reporting to Administration Manager
We’re looking for a skilled administrative professional to join our team in the role of the Claims Administrator. The Claims Administrator carries out prescribed claims administrative work on assigned claim files, provides claims support, provides occasional reception relief and assists with other projects and initiatives within the claims team and/or company as may be assigned from time to time in an appropriate, timely and efficient way.
An integral part of the claims handling team, the Claims Administrator must demonstrate independence and initiative in contributing towards the results-oriented operation of the claims team.
Job Location: Toronto
The ideal candidate should:
- have prior related work experience, preferably in a legal or insurance environment;
- have sound time management skills, be able to prioritize competing priorities and manage own assignments;
- possess superior attention to detail and be proficient in proofreading;
- have experience with preparing correspondence (e.g. using precedent documents, dictation) and memoranda;
- set up and maintain claim files including account reconciliation;
- handle incoming electronic mail, calls and schedule meetings;
- have demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with tact and diplomacy with both internal and external contacts at all levels;
- have good knowledge of Microsoft Office software package and a high level of expertise with various computer programs;
- have experience working in a team environment.
It is preferred that the candidate:
Send their resume today in confidence to:
Lawyers’ Professional Indemnity Company
Attention: Human Resources Department
250 Yonge Street
Suite 3101. P.O. Box 3
Toronto, ON M5B 2L7
E- mail: [email protected]
Deadline for applications is January 9, 2019.
LAWPRO is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. 2005. Please be advised that accommodation is available in our recruitment processes to all applicants with disabilities, upon request.