Claims Prevention & practicePRO Counsel
LAWPRO is looking for a lawyer who is passionate about helping Ontario lawyers and paralegals avoid malpractice claims and succeed in the practice of law. This is a high profile opportunity for a dynamic individual who wants to bring change to the legal profession. You will be a public face and a significant contributor to the practicePRO® program, our internationally recognized risk management and claims prevention initiative.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the practicePRO message is heard by Ontario lawyers and paralegals through in-person, print and electronic channels
- Representing LAWPRO and delivering practicePRO content at CPD programs and conferences throughout Ontario
- Liaising and collaborating with both individuals and groups that are key LAWPRO stakeholders
- Writing interesting content on claims trends and issues affecting the legal profession
- Creating compelling risk management tools, checklists and resources
- Supporting electronic outreach efforts on our websites, the AvoidAClaim blog and social media channels
Job Location: Toronto
The ideal candidate should:
- Have five or more years’ experience as a solicitor in the areas commercial & residential real estate; wills, powers of attorney & estates; and corporate commercial law
- Have excellent oral and written communications skills and superlative presentation skills
- Have demonstrated knowledge of legal technology and/or law practice management issues
- Have advanced technology skills and active participation in social media
- Be self-directed, well organized and able to juggle competing priorities and deadlines
- Be licensed and in good standing as a lawyer in Ontario or another Canadian common law jurisdiction
- Have the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends and to travel occasionally
It is preferred that the candidate: E-mail your resume to [email protected] with Claims Prevention and practicePRO Counsel in the subject line. Application deadline is January 18, 2019.
LAWPRO is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. 2005. Please be advised that accommodation is available in our recruitment processes to all applicants with disabilities, upon request.