Reporting to the President & CEO
A challenging position for an experienced lawyer to manage, grow and promote practicePRO, the innovative claims and risk management initiative of the Lawyers’ Professional Indemnity Company, a Toronto-based professional liability insurer that provides errors and omissions coverage for lawyers and paralegals in Ontario.
- To direct all aspects of the practicePRO program, including strategy, resource creation, education functions, websites, outreach to the profession, and reporting on key issues;
- To identify emerging claims and risk management issues regarding the profession and to develop new initiatives in response;
- To engage in a dialogue with key stakeholders to foster greater awareness of claims prevention and to market LAWPRO risk management programs and initiatives;
- To encourage and support lawyers in managing risks and adapting to the changing practice climate.
- Broad perspective of and insight into the legal profession, and the changes it faces gained through years of work, leadership and/or progressively responsible positions in a law firm and/or other setting;
- Strength in networking and collaborating with members of the profession and key stakeholders;
- Ability to effectively lead and develop people;
- The ability to organize and manage projects from developing the concepts to overseeing the full implementation;
- The self-confidence, creativity and initiative to drive the program with limited supervision;
- Excellent writing and speaking skills, and experience presenting to groups;
- A good understanding of the application of technology in the legal environment;
- Flexibility regarding working hours and travel; this position requires occasional travel and occasional presentations at evening or weekend events;
- French language fluency would be an asset.
Reply in confidence to: [email protected]
Deadline for applications is May 10, 2019
LAWPRO is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. 2005. Please be advised that accommodation is available in our recruitment processes to all applicants with disabilities, upon request.