Job Title: IS Java Programmer/Analyst: Reporting to Software Development Manager
Contract (14 months)
We are looking for an experienced Java developer to join our Agile software development team at LAWPRO as a Java Programmer/Analyst. This role will be part of the team engineering the development of our in-house policy and claims management system as well as online applications.
In addition to outstanding technical skills and imagination, we are looking for an individual who understands and can relate to business users and issues in a fast-paced, professional environment. Customer focus, superior communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at the same time are essential.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have 5+ years related experience in development of Java-based applications;
- Have true mastery of core Java concepts and programming paradigms;
- Have a desire to work in a collaborative team environment;
- Have fluency in object-oriented design, analysis and programming techniques;
- Have the ability to analyze, translate, and define complex business requirements into efficient technical solutions;
- Have a pragmatic, results-oriented approach to software development, with a track record of delivering business value to the organization;
- Demonstrate attention to detail, superior organizational skills, ability to prioritize and work on multiple concurrent projects effectively individually and as part of a team;
- Have proficiency in programming fundamentals and their implementation in Java, including threading, concurrency, data structures & algorithms;
- Have superior problem solving and debugging skills;
- Have experience with RESTful web services and JSON;
- Have a deep understanding of unit testing including Junit, mocking libraries and testing frameworks;
- Have experience with Agile software engineering practices, such as TDD and refactoring;
- Have experience with relational databases like MySQL and Java database persistence;
- Have an understanding of JavaFX or Swing-based GUI development would be an asset;
- Have a post-secondary diploma/degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field;
- Have experience with Multi-Value databases (UniData, Universe, Pick) would be an asset;
- Have excellent communications skills in English, with French language as a key differentiator.
Deadline for Applications is October 1, 2019
It is preferred that the candidate:
Send their resume today in confidence to:
Lawyers’ Professional Indemnity Company
Attention: Human Resources Department
250 Yonge Street
Suite 3101. P.O. Box 3
Toronto, ON M5B 2L7
E- mail: [email protected]
LAWPRO is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Please be advised that accommodation is available in our recruitment processes to all applicants with disabilities, upon request.