Permanent. Reports to Chief Information Oficer
The Operations Manager is accountable for the secure and stable management of LAWPRO’s digital assets and information system environment. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this challenging role combines hands-on technology responsibilities with the management of a small team of IT professionals. The role is to supervise and ensure efficient operation of the company’s IT Assets, including managing the IT staff responsible for operations. The individual will work closely with the CIO to support the execution of the Technology Strategy, to implement technology solutions for all aspects of the organization (Application, Workplace, Infrastructure & Security).
- Working with senior management, develop strategies for the maintenance and growth of LawPRO’s information system environment to anticipate evolving corporate needs
- Participate in the implementation and enforcement of strategies, procedures, policies, and technologies that will maintain and protect corporate digital assets
- Includes responsibility of managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization, and resolution of incidents (Operations & Security), including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of service desk functions
- Responsible for planning, designing best practices for all functions of IT, and perform quality controls and deliver on the established KPI’s and deliver on excellent customer service
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of IT systems, including networks, data centers, servers, PCs, operating systems, and associated hardware.
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the network infrastructure and IT systems.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage operations staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Assist in the provisioning of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Develop and maintain technology standards in accordance with regulatory guidelines and evolving best practices
- Enforce and enhance technology and process change control procedures and improve operational management systems, processes, and best practices
- Participate in system and software architecture planning sessions
- Work collaboratively and professionally with staff, management, consultants, vendors, and internal and external auditors
- Participate in the maintenance and testing of the corporate business continuity plan
- Participate in company’s formal incident response plan; manage and document all information security related incidents
- Conduct risk assessments of existing and new infrastructure (hosted and managed) and operations processes
- Help the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
- Support execution of the technology strategy, set operational objectives and oversee operations-related projects and project portfolio
- Manage Operations invoices, and assist with budgets/forecasts
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of service desk technology procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies; oversee installation and resolve adaptation issues including managed services.
- Ten years of relevant professional experience
- Highly self-motivated with extensive current technical knowledge and proven track record for managing technology operations and help desk functions
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Passion for continuing education in technology and security
- Proven leadership and project management skills and ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Strong track record of building and managing teams
- Outstanding communication skills, independent problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Experience with interpreting and finding practical solutions to address industry and regulatory guidelines and standards
- Experience with hosted and cloud-based security issues and challenges
- Proven experience as IT Operations Manager
- Experience with system installation, configuration, and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of ITIL, networks, cloud computing (Azure and AWS), BYOD, M365 (including management of TEAMS & SHAREPOINT, ONEDRIVE, MS Intune, Exchange Online Protection)
- Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation (e.g. PCI, GDPR)
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- On-call as required to support implementations or Incident support as required
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, IT, or relevant field
Deadline for Applications is November 19, 2021
It is preferred that the candidate email their resume and cover letter to [email protected]
LAWPRO is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. 2005. Please be advised that accommodation is available in our recruitment processes to all applicants with disabilities, upon request.