Quality Assurance Analyst
Job Title: Quality Assurance Analyst: Reporting to Manager, Project Management Office (PMO) / QA / BA
The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for applying the principles and practices of software quality assurance throughout the LAWPRO’s software development life cycle. Reporting to the Manager, Project Management Office (PMO) / QA / BA, this role will operate with the constructs of our “Agile” development environments.
Strategy and Planning
- Lead the development, establishment, and enforcement of quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Ensure that software quality measures comply with regulatory standards, industry standards, and accepted best practices.
- Create methodologies and processes for the collection and analysis of data for ensuring software, systems, and product quality.
- Direct the analysis of formal test results to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Direct the analysis of documentation and technical specifications for any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Develop change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Determine the selection and appropriate usage of automated test tools and data collection tools.
- Participate in the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements and articulate them into user story format in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Develop and write test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems.
- Apply established metrics to determine the readiness, quality, and operability of software, systems, and products due for release to clients and/or within the enterprise.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Create and communicate test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications; revise as needed.
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and executive management.
- At least 8 years of experience in hands-on functional, exploratory, and automated testing.
- Strong background in testing in an Agile environment and experience in releasing product in short cycles.
- Know-how in evolving testing strategies that involve third party applications and legacy databases.
- Ability to review and analyze the business requirements and user stories to validate the testability and identify the testing requirements.
- Expertise in triaging failures, identifying root-cause, and defining corrective actions at project level.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, regression, performance, and acceptance testing methods.
- A key aspect of the role is to bring a curious mindset, and a quick ability to learn with respect to supporting the digital transformation at LAWPRO. The individual will be required to adapt to new evolving technologies, explore, while keeping the end user experience top of mind.
- Aptitude to determine the feasibility of automating test scripts along with their benefit to the project.
- Superior documentation skills with regards to writing test scenarios and recording defects.
- Adept at managing test cases and defects to closure.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Comfortable working in a small, lean team, and in a collaborative, professional environment
- An interest in business domain and key business drivers influencing quality of software applications.
- Self-starter, self-motivated and highly energetic person.
- Experience testing functionally complex products in legal, insurance and/or financial services industry
- Understanding of end-to-end flow for one or more products.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Exposure to Java based projects/programs/products.
- Exposure to Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) environment.
- Experience with JIRA, testing and scripting tools.
Deadline for Applications is October 22, 2021
It is preferred that the candidate email their resume and cover letter to [email protected]
LAWPRO is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. 2005. Please be advised that accommodation is available in our recruitment processes to all applicants with disabilities, upon request.