Quality Assurance Analyst
Job Title: Quality Assurance Analyst: Reporting to the Project Manager
The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for applying the principles and practices of software quality assurance throughout the LAWPRO’s software development life cycle. Reporting to the Project Manager, this role will operate with the constructs of our “Agile” development environment, and will join in the shared responsibility of ensuring our corporate software – including in-house developed applications as well as “off-the-shelf” software – works according to expected standards of quality including reliability, usability, performance, integration, consistency, and security.
- At least 5-8 years of experience in hands-on functional, exploratory and automated testing.
Strong background in testing in an Agile environment and experience in releasing product in short cycles.
- Know-how in evolving testing strategies that involve third party applications and legacy databases.
- Ability to review and analyze the business requirements and user stories to validate the testability and identify the testing requirements.
- Expertise in triaging failures, identifying root-cause, and defining corrective actions at project level.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, regression, performance, and acceptance testing methods.
- Aptitude to determine the feasibility of automating test scripts along with their benefit to the project.
- Superior documentation skills with regards to writing test scenarios and recording defects.
- Adept at managing test cases and defects to closure.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable working in a small, lean team, and in a collaborative, professional environment.
- An interest in business domain and key business drivers influencing quality of software applications.
- Self-starter, self-motivated and highly energetic person.
- Experience testing functionally complex products in legal, insurance and/or financial services industry, understanding of end-to-end flow for one or more products.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Exposure to Java based projects/programs/products.
- Exposure to Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) environment.
- Experience with JIRA, testing and scripting tools.
Nice to have
- Notions of configuration management, like SVN.
- Familiarity with automated deployment processes.
- A track-record of innovation in testing.
It is preferred that the candidate:
Send a resume today in confidence to:
Lawyers’ Professional Indemnity Company
Attention: Human Resources Department
250 Yonge Street, Suite 3101
P.O. Box 3
E-mail: [email protected]
Fax: (416) 598-5807
LAWPRO is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. 2005. Please be advised that accommodation is available in our recruitment processes to all applicants with disabilities, upon request.