Reports to: Operations Manager
Department/Division: Information Systems
Employment type: Permanent
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Lawyers’ Professional Indemnity Company (LAWPRO®) is an insurance company that provides professional liability insurance to lawyers in private practice in Ontario and provides TitlePLUS title insurance coast-to-coast. We are a highly rated insurance company with an “A” rating from A. M. Best, a leading rating agency. Our central downtown location, our high-functioning professional staff, and our commitment to working with employees to help them realize their career development goals are company trademarks.
Working under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Security Administrator is responsible for installing, administering and troubleshooting LAWPRO security solutions. Configuring and supporting security tools such as firewalls, anti-virus software and patch management systems, and monitoring/responding to security events or incidents. The individual in this position will work closely with internal staff and co-ordinate activities with vendors and managed service providers to maintain the optimal security, privacy, and integrity of LAWPRO information resources.
- Evaluate, install, configure, and/or maintain security systems and applications. Systems may be in-house or outsourced;
- Assist in the implementation of corporate security policies, assessments and compliance;
- Assist in the recommendation, scheduling, testing, and deployment of security patches and software;
- Assist with system and application vulnerability testing;
- Perform remedial actions in response to security incident reports, threat and vulnerability assessments or internal/external audits;
- Monitor, analyze and react to unusual network or system activity;
- Monitor and maintain asset patch and version standardization and compliance;
- Act as a liaison with product vendors and managed service providers;
- Act as level two support escalation point as required;
- Other backup system admin duties as assigned and appropriate.
- 5+ years experience in the information technology field with 2+ years exposure/experience in the security field;
- degree or certificate in an IT related field or equivalent work experience, CISSP preferred;
- appreciation for core information security principles, including threat and vulnerability management, incident response, and identity management;
- current knowledge of security software applications, tools and services;
- current knowledge of network infrastructure and communications (including firewalls, routers, switches, firewalls) and associated network standards and protocols;
- strong background with current Microsoft Windows, Azure, O365, and Active Directory/Group Policy administration technologies;
- strong background with Linux/Unix administration;
- experience with securing portable devices;
- experience with security systems including firewalls, IDS/IPS, vulnerability management systems, SIEM, is strongly preferred;
- knowledge of CIS benchmarks, security frameworks, and system hardening best practices;
- knowledge of ITIL principles (e.g., change management, incident management);
- experience with managing security aspects of cloud system implementations
- experience with scripting, tools and techniques;
- proven ability to work under stress in emergencies with flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously;
- ability to work both independently and co-operatively in a small team environment;
- dedication to exceptional customer service;
- ability and appetite to learn new technologies and adapt to a rapidly changing environment;
- troubleshooting and information-seeking abilities;
- strong organizational and time management skills;
- excellent communication skills in English (mandatory) and French (preferred).
Deadline for Applications is May 7th, 2021
It is preferred that the candidate email their resume and cover letter to [email protected]
LAWPRO is committed to providing employment in accordance with the
. Please be advised that accommodation is available in our recruitment processes to all applicants with disabilities, upon request.