Senior Service Desk Analyst
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will provide front line support and satisfactory remediation/resolution as required for all level 1 or otherwise assigned incident/support requests within established SLAs and provide support and guidance to the SDA team. Critical to your success will be your ability to: effectively understand end-user needs; regularly follow up to keep stakeholders updated until issues are resolved; appropriately escalate issues as required; and complete incident documentation. The Senior Service Desk Analyst will also share in the responsibility for the deployment, security, administration, and maintenance of company equipment including desktop/laptop, printers/peripherals, smart and desk phones, and other equipment as assigned. You will also participate in operations or infrastructure projects/activities as assigned.
- Investigate and resolve assigned tickets;
- Deploy pre-packaged software as needed using automated deployment tools;
- Assist in software releases and rollouts according to change management processes;
- Alert leadership of emerging trends in incidents;
- Build rapport with end users;
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution;
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting;
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed;
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined;
- Perform patch management on OS and Applications;
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved;
- Provide technical guidance and perform post-resolution follow-ups with Level I Technicians as required;
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users;
- Contribute to technician knowledgebase and training as needed;
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement;
- Assist with the deployment, management, and maintenance in security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, IDS/NAC, cryptography systems, and anti-virus software;
- Support for security and identity management platform;
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights;
- Monitor logs (server, firewall), network traffic. Interpret and report unusual activity with recommendations for resolution.
Formal Education & Certification
- Post-secondary diploma or university degree in a relevant field of computer science, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Pursuit of education/certification and preservation of knowledge in relevant areas of skill.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years of service desk experience;
- Experience using common IT Service Desk tools (e.g., Service Desk Plus, Service Now, Remedy);
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 10 operating systems and popular end user applications;
- Knowledge of basic networking troubleshooting concepts;
- Understanding and experience isolating hardware issues and coordinating replacements;
- Knowledge of mobile devices, management tools and techniques;
- Experience preferred working in an ITIL-driven environment and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes;
- Experience with Cloud frameworks (AWS, Azure) and SAAS based solutions as asset;
- Experience as asset with Managed Engine Service Desk, Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, M365 applications etc.;
- Experience with Active Directory and O365 administration;
Other skills and abilities
- Experience in any of the following technologies is highly desirable: Lotus Notes, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), VMware, Manage Engine, McAfee EPO, Citrix, and Cisco IP Telephony;
- Physical demands – lifting and/or carrying ability of 15-30 lbs. or more.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Highly focused on providing superior customer/end-user experience;
- Ability to conduct research into security issues, computing issues and products as required;
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills;
- Strong communication skills (speaking and writing) to provide effective phone, desk-side, and email support;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- You bring your real self to work and you live our values – Professionalism, Integrity, Innovation, Service, Leadership.
Deadline for Applications is January 29, 2022
It is preferred that the candidate email their resume and cover letter to [email protected]
LAWPRO is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. 2005. Please be advised that accommodation is available in our recruitment processes to all applicants with disabilities, upon request.
Lawyers’ Professional Indemnity Company (LAWPRO®) is an insurance company that provides professional liability insurance to lawyers in private practice in Ontario and provides TitlePLUS title insurance coast-to-coast. We are a highly rated insurance company with an “A” rating from A. M. Best, a leading rating agency. Our central downtown location, our high-functioning professional staff, and our commitment to working with employees to help them realize their career development goals are company trademarks.