Vice President, TitlePLUS
Lawyers’ Professional Indemnity Company (LAWPRO) provides professional liability insurance to 30,000 lawyers in Ontario and is owned by the Law Society of Ontario. TitlePLUS, a natural extension of LAWPRO’s commitment to lawyers, is a title insurance product line that is available nationally.
TitlePLUS is a one-stop, easy process for lawyers to get great title insurance for their clients. The Vice President, TitlePLUS is responsible for the overall direction and management of the title insurance line of business, including strategy, budget, sales & marketing, human resources, customer service, underwriting, risk management and stakeholder relations.
Reporting into the President & CEO and working alongside other members of the LAWPRO executive team, this is a unique opportunity to join an established organization and drive a critical growth initiative. Major responsibilities include:
- Define a market-leading strategy for TitlePLUS with a focus on growth and creating value for lawyers and their clients. Build an exceptional team. Provide both inspirational leadership and effective management to the TitlePLUS team (Total team circa 20).
- With a mission of promoting, supporting, and maintaining the role of lawyers in real estate transactions, ensure the design and delivery of an innovative and user-friendly title insurance product that is market-leading and competitive.
- Build a solid market presence and provide outstanding executive leadership to LAWPRO’s insured lawyers, their clients and key stakeholders. Proactively foster trusted relationships with lawyers and serve as a strategic partner.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Brings relevant domain expertise in insurance, real estate, and/or the legal sectors. Ideally has led a product line similar to title insurance, with an appreciation of its complexities and unique economic model.
- A proven track record of building and maintaining a market presence and introducing enhancements to market. Demonstrated success of working in partnerships to realize sustainable growth.
- Has successfully led teams to new levels of performance, while creating an engaging work environment. Has a reputation for attracting and retaining top talent through change.
- Brings a proven track record of effectively managing diverse stakeholders. A natural client developer and relationship manager. A business builder.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Diversity and inclusion matter at LAWPRO. If contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.