The Lawyers’ Professional Indemnity Company (LAWPRO) is a Toronto-based, professional liability insurer with a mandate to provide quality insurance services to our insured lawyers. As part of achieving our mandate, we are currently recruiting for an Administrative Clerk.
The Administrative Clerk reports to the Manager, Underwriting and Customer Service Department and will provide administrative support to the Manager, Assistant Managers and Program Coordinators in the Department. This role will be responsible for, but not limited to, responding to inquiries from lawyers and law firm administrators (both via telephone and in writing), operating electronic mail systems, maintaining databases, running reports and creating action items, scanning,photocopying and importing mail
The ideal candidate should:
- Have prior related work experience, and preferably 2 years in an administrative role
- Be customer-focused
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills and experience in dealing with professionals both by telephone and in writing;
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft office Word and Excel.
- Be detail-oriented and have excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Have experience working in a team environment and demonstrated willingness to pitch in and support the team’s success as needed;
- Be proactive in their approach to work, with the ability to set priorities independently;
- Have the ability to successfully manage a high volume of work, shifting priorities and deadlines;
It is preferred that the candidate:
Send a resume today in confidence to:
Lawyers’ Professional Indemnity Company
Attention: Human Resources Department
250 Yonge Street, Suite 3101
P.O. Box 3
E-mail: [email protected]
Fax: (416) 598-5807
Deadline for application is January 20, 2021.
LAWPRO is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. 2005. Please be advised that accommodation is available in our recruitment processes to all applicants with disabilities, upon request.