Job Title: Claims Counsel: Reporting to Unit Director & Counsel
We are currently seeking one Claims Counsel to join the LAWPRO claims team. This is a permanent position in LAWPRO’S Claims Department which presents the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to handle interesting and challenging cases in a variety of areas of law.
LAWPRO Claims Counsel interact with insured lawyers in investigating, evaluating, and resolving errors and omissions claims against them. They manage these claims in-house or direct external legal counsel and professionals in resolving them.
Job Location: Toronto
The ideal candidate should:
- have four or more years of experience in civil litigation, corporate/commercial, bodily injury, wills & estates, and / or real estate;
- In-house insurance industry experience would be an asset;
- be able to identify and implement file strategy in conjunction with external counsel and the insured, and revise
- strategy where necessary to achieve desired outcome;
- take a proactive and creative approach to claims handling;
- be keen to develop expertise in many areas of law, including insurance coverage;
- have strong organizational skills and the ability to meet demanding deadlines;
- make effective use of technology;
- be licensed and in good standing as a lawyer in Canada;
- embrace the vision, values and goals for the company as a whole;
- French language skills would be an asset;
Reply in confidence to: [email protected]
Further to the posting on lawpro.ca, internal applicants should submit their application by April 19, 2019.
LAWPRO is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. 2005. Please be advised that accommodation is available in our recruitment processes to all applicants with disabilities, upon request.
top of the page