We are currently seeking a Claims Counsel to join the LAWPRO claims team. This is a permanent position in LAWPRO’s Claims Department which presents the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to handle interesting and challenging cases in a variety of areas of law.
LAWPRO Claims Counsel interact with insured lawyers in investigating, evaluating, and resolving errors and omissions claims against them. They manage claims in-house or direct external legal counsel and other professionals in resolving them.
The ideal candidate should:
- have four or more years of experience in one or more of the following: civil litigation, corporate/commercial, bodily injury, wills & estates, and/or real estate;
- in-house insurance industry experience would be an asset;
- be able to identify and implement file strategy in conjunction with external counsel and the insured, and revise strategy where necessary to achieve the desired outcome;
- take a proactive and creative approach to claims handling;
- be keen to develop expertise in many areas of law, including insurance coverage;
- have strong organizational skills and the ability to meet demanding deadlines;
- make effective use of technology;
- be licensed and in good standing as a lawyer in Canada;
- embrace the vision, values and goals of the company as a whole;
- French language skills would be an asset.
To apply for this opportunity please click here
Interested candidates should submit their application by December 3, 2021.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in LAWPRO however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Diversity and inclusion matter at LAWPRO. If contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.